Windows 7: Transition from Windows XP
Course Objective: You will use the new features in Windows 7 to streamline your workflow efficiency and business productivity.
This course is designed for persons who are familiar with and comfortable working in Windows XP and want to upgrade to the new and enhanced features of Windows 7. This course is not for students who are first-time Windows users.
To ensure successful completion of Windows 7: Transition from Windows XP, students need to have experience working in a Windows XP environment.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- explore the new and enhanced features on the Windows 7 desktop.
- manage files and folders.
- work with the new and improved programs in Windows 7.
- secure the computer using the enhanced and new features in Windows 7.
Lesson 1: Exploring the New Features on the Windows 7 Desktop
- Topic 1A: Log On to Windows 7
- Topic 1B: Explore the Desktop Context Menu Options
- Topic 1C: Explore the Windows 7 Taskbar
Lesson 2: Working with Enhanced File and Folder Management
- Topic 2A: Examine Enhancements in Windows Explorer
- Topic 2B: Work with Libraries
- Topic 2C: Work with Windows
- Topic 2D: Share Files and Folders
Lesson 3: Working with the New and Enhanced Programs in Windows 7
- Topic 3A: Work with New Accessories
- Topic 3B: Work with the Enhanced Accessories
- Topic 3C: Browse the Internet Using Internet Explorer 8
- Topic 3D: Use the Windows Media Center
- Topic 3E: Set Up and Manage Removable Devices
Lesson 4: Securing the Computer Using Enhanced and New Features
- Topic 4A: Apply Security Settings
- Topic 4B: Troubleshoot Problems
Appendix A: Windows XP Virtual Mode in Windows 7
For more information about Corporate Training, please either call us at your convenience at 212-684-5151 or email us at info@TCCITSolutions.com.